Topic: Grace Passage: Ephesians 2:1–2:10
1. Discuss your pre-Christ life. Is Ephesians 2:1-3 an accurate description?
2. What does the life described in Ephesians 2:1-3 deserve? Share some of the different views of God that you are familiar with (other faith systems). How do other faith systems attempt to address the Ephesians 2:1-3 problem?
3. God is described as rich in mercy, full of great love, and the One who lavishes immeasurable amounts of rich grace on our life. What do these realities motivate in your life? Does it make you want to serve Him more or less?
4. Describe in your own words what it means to be saved by “grace.” What is grace? How does one earn it? Once a person is saved can they lose their salvation? Salvation is described as a gift given by God; once the gift is received does God take it back?
5. You are described as a masterpiece of God, His artistry, His poetry. Describe how that makes you feel to know that God sees you that way. One of the great joys of the Christian journey is discovering and walking in His unique purpose for you. Discuss your journey as you pursue that purpose.