The Um...Triumphal Entry
Topic: Jesus Passage: Mark 1:1–1:11
1. Pastor Chris explained how the probability of Jesus just fulfilling 8 of the over 300 prophecies He fulfilled in His first coming is statistically unimaginable. The probability of Jesus fulfilling just 8 prophecies (specifically: where He would be born, being preceded by John the Baptist, Christ entering Jerusalem on a donkey, Christ being betrayed by a friend, Christ being betrayed for 30 pieces of silver, those same 30 pieces of silver being cast down to purchase a potter’s field, although innocent Christ keeping silent while on trial, and Christ being crucified) would be equivalent to 1 x 1028 or 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. And while that seems impossible, Jesus fulfilled every promise! Talk about what that means to you.
2. Jesus entered Jerusalem humble and on a donkey, like a king declaring peace. Describe how He was received at the temple.
3. Why did Israel “miss it?” with so much scripture, and so many promises? How is it possible that they were able to overlook the arrival of Messiah?
4. There are many today who are able to clearly see and hear the truth about salvation through faith in Jesus Christ, and yet so many people “miss it.” Describe ways of sharing the truth of Jesus so that others have the opportunity to hear and be saved.
5. On Friday of this week we are going to gather to remember Good Friday. What makes that terrible day good?
More in Passion Led Him
March 27, 2016Three Crosses One Christ
March 25, 2016Good Friday - Terrible Friday - Crushing Friday - Freedom Friday
March 13, 2016Suffering